The Volunteer Fire and Rescue Services Association of WA (Inc.) (VFRSA) represents the 2,500+ volunteers of Western Australia’s Volunteer Fire and Rescue Service (VFRS). The Association represents the interests and welfare of its members; who are the 99 VFRS Brigades of the VFRS.
The Executive Officer works with the Senior Executive of the VFRSA Executive Committee and elected representatives and coordinates the activities of the Association. They are responsible for ensuring that sound and effective advice on governance and strategy is provided to the Executive and Committee; and contributes to an environment of mutual trust, cooperation and respect amongst the Services, Unions and Associations who are part of (or represent members in) the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES). The EO is also the main conduit between the members of the VFRS and the Minister for Emergency Services.
This position also leads the consultative process with volunteers on matters that affect them; and is responsible for creating policy based on this consultative process and for advocating the views of volunteers to key stakeholders.
- Representation, Advocacy and Consultation
- Administration and Finance
- Project Management
- Australian Citizenship or permanent resident of Australia as defined by the Commonwealth Immigration Act
- Minimum “C” Class driver’s license (must be valid whilst employed by the Association)
- Significant experience working with or representing volunteers
- Demonstrate extensive experience in dealing appropriately with sensitive and political information
- Extensive experience in planning, coordinating and directing multiple activities to meet competing priorities
- Highly developed conceptual, problem solving and analytical skills
- High level workplace communication skills (including but not restricted to extensive oral and written communication skills, well developed ability to negotiate, ability to develop and maintain relationships and networks and high-level interpersonal skills)
- Experience in the emergency services sector, particularly firefighting
A copy of the role JDF can be obtained by emailing Jodie Neuzerling at email@example.com; and further details of the application requirements will be provided at this time.
Online applications will not be accepted and only those applicants who have requested a copy of the JDF will be considered for the role.
Applications close at noon on Wednesday 10th July.