2020 VFRSAWA DFES Annual State Junior Championships
We are excited to announce that planning is underway for the 2020 VFRSAWA DFES Annual State Junior Championships!
This years State Junior Championships will be held at Gil Frazer Reserve, North Fremantle on Saturday 28 and Sunday 29 November 2020.
Read the latest update about the event including:
- The nomination fees
- Dress code
- Working with children’s check
- Junior Reserve Committee AGM
- Parking and
- Inclement Weather Policy.
In order to participate, what we require from you to nominate your team/s are:
- Entry Form – This lets us know how many teams will be competing.
- Registration Form – Which provides us with a list of competitors. If you have more than one team, please write team number on the left hand side of the form next to the competitor’s name.
- Code of Conduct, Parents Permission and Medical Form – it is the Brigade’s responsibility to ensure they have one of these forms for each of their competitors. It must be signed by a parent or guardian and the forms must be brought with you to the Championships. It is particularly important to let the timing stand know if any of your competitors cannot be photographed as we routinely use photos for promotional purposes.
Rule Changes for the 2020 Junior Competitions
There are two rule changes to note for the Championships:
Two Competitor Wet Hose Event Sub Juniors
At the 2019 Championships the shifting of the first coupling in the Two Competitor Wet Hose Event for Sub Juniors to the box at the 21.336 metre (70 Ft) line used in the Wet Disabled Hose Event was trialed. It worked very well in eliminating the safety issues associated with competitors and judges that had occurred previously. This change will be adopted permanently.
Hoses for the Junior Wet Hose Events
The red 38 mm service hoses for the Junior Wet Events were used at the 2019 Championships. At the Junior AGM feedback about the use of these hoses was asked for. Comments at that time were positive. The President also requested if anyone had further feedback to contact him. Given the apparent success of the hoses in 2019 the red service hoses will again be used at the 2020 Championships.
Please note that the Sub Juniors will continue to use the 38 mm canvas hoses.
Brigades are able to continue to train with the canvas hoses that they already have but will need to note that the water will go through the red hoses slightly quicker.
Full details of the conditions and rules can be accessed here: Association Competition Rules Version V20.1 – Nov 2020.
Nominations close Friday, 30 October 2020
Should circumstances change over the coming months due to COVID-19, we will be in touch to let you know of any changes to the event.
Have a question?
If you have any queries with regards to the Championships, if you are a coach who has not been receiving email correspondence about the Championships and would like to be added to the mailing list, or if you would like to volunteer and offer your assistance over the weekend, please contact Jodie Neuzerling at firstname.lastname@example.org.